Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sorry for my silence

Apologies to those of you who faithfully check this blog, hoping there might be something new or interesting here to read.

Between starting a new business, keeping school going, getting ready to move, and all the other changes in our lives right now, the blog has slipped to pretty low on the list of priorities.

Quick updates:

Moving is going well, slowly but surely, I take over a few boxes almost every day and this weekend hope to move some furniture.

Kids' schooling is going great, they are really impressing me with their independence and sense of responsibility lately!

New business is going wonderfully, I have two clients who are keeping me about as busy as I can handle right now - as the rest of my life settles down a bit I will be able to work more, but for right now the balance is good.

An Africa update - I am making my airline reservations this week (just shopping around a bit for fares!) and will be visiting Carla in late June -- CAN'T WAIT!!!! I am leading a group of 13 teachers and expect it to be a fabulous journey, on so many levels.

Tae Kwon Do is still making me happy - my yoga classes have stopped for a while, and I miss that a lot (and I know I could do it on my own at home but somehow that ain't happening). Master Ralph has been teaching us a lot of self-defense lately, and I find myself feeling a little like I did when I first became certified in CPR - I would constantly scan the crowds, just waiting for someone to keel over so I could rush in and revive them ... not that I want to be mugged now, but I do find myself thinking "oh, boy, I am SO ready ... just try it, buster, just try it..."!!

Reading: don't have any good titles to recommend - I am focusing on devouring texts and writing manuals and marketing handbooks for professional development, and I am too tired at night to read for fun! I do miss that, a lot - once we move I will re-establish my reading habits.

And ... that's about it, I guess! I am counting on my creativity coming back when all the other stuff clears out of my mind. Thanks for sticking with me!

No comments: