Monday, October 01, 2007

It's Official.

Move over, Survivor, I have a new favorite show. I have become totally addicted to Dancing With the Stars.

It's so fun. So uplifting. So cheerful. So invigorating. And so not mean, spiteful, and there is no lying or cheating or backstabbing involved.

The show ends each week and I dance around the living room. The boys look at me with bemused expressions on their faces. I don't care! I'm imagining doing the quick-step. The mambo. The foxtrot. How fun is that?!?

This year I am loving the race car driver, Helio something-or-other, and the Cheetah Girl, whose name I am unable to remember. And Marie Osmond is on - looking terrific, and I know her personal life has been really hard these past couple of years, so it is wonderful to see her enjoying herself so much. And Jane Seymour - well, she is amazing. The oldest person in the competition yet one of the best. 'Elegance personified' is how one of the judges put it last week, and it's so true.

We get to know the dancers - which is maybe the part I like best. On early seasons of Survivor you got to know the contestants, and got to care about them. Now the show is all about the competitions, and you never learn anything about the individuals and their lives. DWTS lets us know the personalities, the weaknesses and the strengths - and it is just so much more fun.

And they don't vote each other off - instead, you really get the feeling they all enjoy one another's company so very much, and they are all rooting for each other.


Yeah, my new favorite. Not that I am giving up Survivor, I have too long of a history to simply walk away. But Dancing leaves me feeling happier! And that is a good thing.

No comments:

Blog Archive